MBBS, FRCP, FRACP
Specialist Geriatrician & Stroke Physician
Dr Ramesh Durairaj completed his specialist Geriatrics/Stroke Medicine advanced training from Mersey Deanery, UK in 2005. He worked as clinical director of Aged care services/Stroke services in University Hospitals Aintree, Liverpool, UK for 10 years before moving to Cairns to continue his career.
Dr Ramesh Durairaj will be welcoming referrals for
Geriatric medicine [Bulk Billed]
- All patients aged 65 and over with geriatric syndromes like complex comorbidities, falls and cognitive impairment
- Domiciliary visitations for patients in aged care facility
Stroke medicine [Bulk Billed]
- Management of Low risk TIA with ABCD2 score less than 4 [>4 needs hospitalisation]
- Management of patients with post stroke medical complications
- Post stroke rehabilitation in outpatient setting
As a preference, all referrals to be sent to Cairns Doctors either electronically (we use Medical Objects) or via:
- email email@example.com
- by fax (07) 4242 5353
- or posted to PO Box 666, Earlville, Qld. 4870. Please note posted referrals can take up to 10 days to receive and process
NURSING HOME VISITS
Visits to an Aged Care or Assisted Living facility can also be arranged, please send referral details through including the name of the facility where Dr Ramesh needs to visit.
ONLINE BOOKINGS NOT AVAILABLE. REFERRAL FROM YOUR GP REQUIRED FOR BULK BILLING APPOINTMENT.